Monday, March 1, 2010

Dine like a king?

Today, I broke the golden rule of "breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper".

As Da had to go to work early, I asked him to leave for work first as I was not ready to leave yet.

When I left our home, I took the Mass Rapid Transit ("MRT") train to the Tanjong Pagar station. After alighting, I took a short walk to a coffee shop that was located next to the MRT station where I ordered some fried noodles (popularly known as "breakfast beehoon) with ingredients. I have to say, though, that the fried rice vermicelli sold at the Bedok Interchange hawker centre and the Marine Parade hawker centre are more delicious.

To complement my breakfast, I ordered a hot coffee.

By the time lunchtime came, I was still feeling very full. Although my colleague and I went to Lau Pat Sat for lunch, I decided to eat one roll of popiah only while my colleague ordered briyani rice from the Indian stall.

As Da had to work late, I made my way home first from work. As I walked home from the MRT station, I bumped into MIL. She was on her way to the MRT station. She informed me that she had just gone to our home to pass some dinner that she had bought for my mother, Da and me.

For our dinner, MIL had bought roast chicken rice from the food court at Katong Shopping Centre.

She also requested the chicken rice stall for a container of achar for us.

Furthermore, she ordered some soup but for some reason, even though I took a photograph of the bowl of soup three times using my Sony Cybershot digital camera, all three photographs were not clear. I wonder why this is so. The solution would be to read the manual that came with the camera but... nah, I am not a "manual person".

It is past 10 pm right now and I am still feeling extremely full from dinner! What happened to "dine like a pauper"? sigh....

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin