Sunday, March 7, 2010

Chew the cud

"Chew the cud" - to ponder over; mediate.

Da had to work today. As such, we had a quick lunch at Qi Ji located at Suntec Tower Two before we parted ways for the afternoon.

Da ate mee rebus.

As I was running late for church, I ate popiah instead of my usual nasi lemak.

What is this "chew the cud", you may wonder. According to Wikipedia, the idiomatic expression "chewing one's cud" means "meditating" or "pondering". Have you ever seen how a cow eats? It will chew its food slowly, regurgitate it and chew again. In the same manner, it is not enough to memorise the Bible from cover to cover. We need to mediate upon the Word and live a life that reflects the light of Jesus from within us.

Sometimes, all we need is one phrase from the Bible and that phrase will see us through our trials and tribulation. There are many ways to see Jesus and whichever way you see Him, He is altogether lovely and altogether wonderful. How often do we reflect upon what Jesus has done for us and how He is all we need?

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. Our Father in heaven knows what we want and what we need, and He gives us much more beyond all we can ask or think. We have victory in life through Jesus. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

Da's niece, SCT happened to be in Suntec City area today and as such, she and I shared a "4-door MRT" home. We requested that the taxi driver let me alight first (as I live nearer to Suntec City) and SCT second. I enjoyed your company today, SCT and I look forward to catching up with you again soon.

By the time Da came home, it was past 9 pm. As it was too late for a heavy dinner, I prepared a simple dinner of otah sandwich for the two of us.

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin