Monday, March 8, 2010

The song keeps playing and playing

Princess attended her first enrichment class yesterday. As it was adult-accompanied, I had the opportunity to join in her class. It was a very interesting experience and she got to learn about shapes, colours, numbers, phonics, science (yes, she had artwork yesterday!) and even social skills such as sharing, returning what one borrows, etc.

The school uses the Zoo Phonics method of teaching. The letter that was taught yesterday was the letter "i", which is represented by an inchworm named "Inny".

For the whole day today, the "Inny inchworm" song kept playing in my mind, even while I was on the way to meet Da for lunch. We decided to meet at the Indian Muslim shop located at Stanley Street for lunch. Instead of bryani rice, we ordered steamed white rice with a selection of ingredients.

Da ordered a glass of homemade lime juice while I ordered kopi tarik kurang manis.

FIL did not come to our home today for dinner although MIL came by for a short while as she had bought some dinner for us.

My mother ate steamed white rice with ingredients for her dinner.

Da and I ate sandwiches for our dinner.

For dessert, my mother, Da and I ate cheesecake. Yummy!

Inny inchworm goes "i", "i", "i"....

Have a zoo-bulous week ahead!

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin