Saturday, March 20, 2010

Busy saturday

It is said that the more restful you are, the busier you are. Hmm...

My friend, TKN had earlier arranged for herself and her three children (who are Da's and my godchildren) to visit us today. The children wanted to swim at the swimming pool located in our development.

This morning, I had a simple breakfast of a mug of hot coffee together with a curry puff.

Unfortunately, it started to rain by mid-morning. As such, although TKN and the godchildren arrived at about 10am today, they were unable to swim.

Not to worry... food to the rescue! I warmed up three homemade muffins for our godchildren (DT, ST and GT).

It was good to see the godchildren again. I enjoy talking to them. They were very attentive towards Princess.

DT wanted to eat pizza for lunch. ST wanted macaroni and cheese. GT had no preference either way. I called a well-known pizza company but after placing the order for the pizza (DT is a meat-lover and I requested for a pizza with as many varieties of meat as possible), I was informed that they did not sell macaroni and cheese. Disappointed, I called another pizza company. This time, I decided to "play smart" and start by asking whether they sold macaroni and cheese. Surprised when I was informed "no", I managed to locate one of their pamphlets and I found an item called "baked macaroni". I wonder how the staff expected the macaroni to be baked without mozarella cheese being sprinkled on top of the macaroni.

Be that as it may, I went ahead and placed the order with the second pizza company. They were having a promotion package that included a medium size pizza, baked macaroni and a 1.5 litre bottle of drink.

While waiting for our lunch to be delivered, I baked several pieces of cheese chicken nuggets for everyone to snack on.

The godchildren assisted by spreading homemade garlic spread onto slices of white bread. The garlic bread was baked in the oven at 160 degrees celsius for 10 minutes.

I also gave the godchildren a hands-on experience in making garlic spread.

Ding-dong! Our lunch had arrived!

TKN and the godchildren stayed several hours before they left.

Before the godchildren left, they assisted to knead the dough that I had prepared using the breadmaker machine. In no time, the lovely aroma of freshly baked almond marmalade bread waffled throughout our entire apartment unit.

Da had to work till about 6 pm today. As such, in the late afternoon, I decided to warm up a "ham cheem pang" for my teatime.

We had a dinner invitation at the home of the Three Musketeers. As Princess woke up late from her afternoon nap, by the time we reached the home of the Three Musketeers, it was past 8 pm.

ET had prepared steamboat for dinner. Yummy!

After dinner, everyone enjoyed ice coffee while watching the English Premier League soccer match on cable television.

We also ate the bread that I had baked today.

The bread was an experiment by me and I am so happy that it turned out fine. The taste of the orange marmalade was not overpowering and the bread tasted nice on its own although ET decided to spread peanut butter on his slice of bread.

Nining loves coffee and she could not resist asking her mother (SY) for a second helping.

I anticipate another busy day tomorrow. The best part is that I get to sit at the feet of Jesus and learn from Him tomorrow. I look forward to that.

Have a good night and sweet dreams!

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin