Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ho chak

Last night, I watched a food review programme on the Asian Food Channel named "Ho Chak". "Ho Chak" means "delicious" in the Hokkien dialect.

We, too, had "ho chak" food today.

For breakfast, my mother ate steamed pau.

I ate the same thing for breakfast.

I met NN for lunch today. We originally wanted to eat at the Indian Muslim shop located at Stanley Street. However, the shop was extremely crowded so we settled for Ka Soh located at Amoy Street. Both of us ordered the same thing - sliced fish bee hoon soup.

MIL very kindly bought dinner for us today from the cafe located at Kembangan Community Club. My mother ate steamed white rice with sweet and sour fish.

Da ate steamed white rice with black pepper chicken.

I ate fried rice.

Simple food but "ho chak" indeed.

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin