Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ribs for you?

I had a work meeting to attend this afternoon. As such, Da and I went to Glory Catering at East Coast Road for a quick lunch before my meeting.

This time, we decided to order their nasi padang (instead of the mee rebus, mee siam, lontong, etc that we usually order). What can I say? The food was delicious, delicious, delicious!

The lovely lunch ended with a hot glass of kopi tarik.

In the evening, the family of the Three Musketeers came to our home for dinner.

When our guests arrived, I had not yet returned home from my meeting. The meeting took some time and I must confess that I had a pounding headache (on both sides of my temple) by the time that the meeting was done.

When I got home, I boiled some cheese sausages.

Da ordered ribs (home delivery).

Here is little Nining, looking as sweet as ever.

The ribs set came with three side dishes.

Everyone enjoyed the potato wedges side dish.

It has been some time since we met the family of the Three Musketeers, so it was good to catch up.

Gosh, Supercute has grown so tall since I last met him. He is now taller than me!

As the ribs took some time to arrive (we were told that the waiting time was 90 minutes!), I microwaved two pieces of Muar otah to be shared in the meantime.

The guests also snacked on the mocca banana raisin cake that I had baked.

Tau Suan is now in secondary one and as part of his curriculum in school, he is required to learn some cooking/baking. He showed off his culinary skills by mixing Sprite with Tiger beer to come up with a very lovely concoction of shandy.

Nining was at her usual thoughtful best and she kept herself busy distributing the food to everyone. Thank you, sweetie!

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin