Tuesday, February 23, 2010

饭 again

Just when I thought that I better cut down on my 饭 (that is, rice) consumption so as not to put back on the weight that I have lost in the past few months (no, I have not been exercising. I think that it is due to lack of sufficient sleep and/or interrupted sleep each night), I end up eating rice again.

Nowadays, I find that I am becoming more and more of a typical "need to eat six small meals a day" person. It could be that my metabolic rate is rising (after all, God renews our youth like the eagles, so it is no wonder that I am getting younger by the day!) or that I am somehow burning up my meals at a faster rate (due to stress, etc) but my meals do not seem to be able to last me till the next meal nowadays.

I recall that years ago, health experts were advising people that instead of having three large meals a day only (that is, breakfast, lunch and dinner), one should have six smaller meals instead.

Gone are the days when I used to be able to "go for several rounds" at buffets. Nowadays, I sometimes cannot even finish two rounds.

On the other hand, while I used to shy away from 饭 in the past, in an attempt to control my weight, nowadays even if I were to eat 饭, the meal will still not last meal till the next meal.

One thing remains constant, though. After all these years, I am still not keen to eat meat. This is not for religious reasons. It is just that I often feel uncomfortable after eating meat. It could be due to the fact that vegetables and beancurd are more easily digestible and I do not feel as lethargic after eating a meal with minimal or no meat.

I still like to end a meal "on a sweet note", though. What you see in the photograph below is a very yummy slice of cheesecake which we bought from Don's Pie on sunday, 21 February 2010. Although we bought the entire cheesecake (which was already pre-cut into ten slices), we only started eating the cheesecake today.

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin