Thursday, February 11, 2010

Down but not out

I have been feeling unwell for the past few days. I feel feverish and cold at the same time. Also, my throat is very dry and painful and my joints are in pain. Despite this, I do not have blocked nor runny nose. Am I having a bout of influenza? I am not sure.

Things culminated during a work meeting that I had to attend at night on 9 February 2010. I was feeling very cold even out of the air-conditioning environment. As such, the clients were surprised when I turned up for the meeting with a jacket and during the meeting, I alternated between wearing the jacket and not wearing the jacket.

As such, I decided not to go to work yesterday (10 February 2010). I had a light breakfast yesterday and slept through lunchtime. I tried to take another nap in the late afternoon but although I was very exhausted, I could not sleep as my whole body was in pain. Although Da bought for me steamed white rice with some vegetables for dinner, I struggled to eat my dinner.

Today, I was in no better shape and I stayed away from the office. I was a little breathless today and I am losing my voice. I am still not sure whether it is influenza that I have caught as I do not seem to have developed any blocked nor runny nose. I do, however, have other symptoms of influenza, such as aching body, etc.

My wonderful mother very thoughtfully brought lunch to my home today. She had a lunch appointment in Marine Parade Central and after her lunch, she bought a packet of fried rice vermicelli (bee hoon) with ingredients and brought it to my home. Thanks, Ma!

Another highlight to the day was when a deliveryman came with a very beautiful floral arrangement. To cheer me up, Da had arranged for early delivery of Valentine's Day flowers for me. Thanks, Da!

It is amazing how the Lord always knows what we are going through. The 10 February 2010 edition of the online daily devotional that I subscribe to was on the topic "Rejoice, O Barren!" and I quote a paragraph that was clearly intended for me:-

"If you are sick, start planning to do what you have not been able to do. Don't rejoice only when the healing manifests and the pain is no more. Rejoice now in your healing because Jesus has already borne your diseases and carried your pains, and by His stripes you have already been healed. (Isaiah 53:4-5)"

Father, because of the perfect sacrifice of Your most precious Son, I receive all the blessings in my life, including health and wholeness. I reject my dry throat, my painful throat, my painful joints and my aching body, in the name of Jesus. By His stripes, I am healed. Amen.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin