Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Late again

Now that the economy seems to be picking up, my days of working late are returning with a vengeance.

I had to attend a meeting today that started at 6.30 pm and was scheduled to last till 9 pm. As the meeting was not in my office, my colleagues and I planned to leave the office a little earlier in order to avoid any possible after-office traffic jam at the East Coast Parkway. However, I was tied up with work in the office and by the time I was ready to leave, it was almost 6 pm. I met up with my colleagues and we rushed to the taxi stand. We were fortunate to be able to hail a taxi very quickly and I am thankful that the traffic at the East Coast Parkway was slow but moving. As such, we managed to arrive at our destination with about 10 minutes to spare before the start of the meeting.

By the time the meeting ended, it was past 9 pm.

When I reached home, Da informed me that he had bought some sushi for my dinner. Initially, I did not want to eat the sushi as I felt that it was a little late to be eating rice. However, when I opened the door to the chiller in our refrigerator and saw two pieces of sushi with the sweet beancurd skin, I changed my mind. I love sushi with the sweet beancurd skin.

Da also bought another tray of 3 pieces of sushi for me. However, I could only manage to eat 1 of the 3 pieces before I was full.

Having said this, I like to end my meal on a sweet note. As such, I ate some Chinese New Year goodies to end the meal.

As I sat down at the computer to check my personal electronic mails, I logged onto facebook and saw a lovely photograph of the wife of my cousin, LSK. He has already registered his marriage with his wife but their customary marriage will be held in March 2010. His wife had posted some pre-wedding photographs that were taken by the wedding photographer and I especially like the one that was taken outdoors (it looked like they were in some forested area) and she was lying down and looking backwards at the camera. It was such a beautiful photograph. Welcome to the family, CL!

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin