Monday, February 15, 2010

CNY home visiting 2010 (second day)

For the first time in many years, Da and I were unable to join the relatives in Muar, Malaysia for the Chinese New Year celebrations this year.

As such, this is the first time (that I can recall) that I went home visiting during Chinese New Year. I found it extremely exhausting and my lack of experience in "whirlwind home visiting" resulted in us being way behind schedule and having to cancel one of the home visits at the last minute today due to lack of time. Next year, we intend to resume the Chinese New Year Muar trip - thank the Lord!

This morning, Da and I had a simple breakfast of rice dumpling. The pork was lean but I think that the supplier who made the rice dumpling added too much five spice powder in the seasoning.

Our first home visit was to my mother's home. My brother (LB) and his wife (MF) had already arrived when we reached my mother's home. Boy-Boy was naturally happy to see everyone together.

My brother (LG) had cooked a sumptuous meal for lunch.

The food tasted as good as it looks in this post.

En route to my mother's home, we detoured to a shop along Joo Chiat Road and bought a big tub of anchovy and peanut crackers. Does anyone have the recipe for these crackers? I have made them before but the ones I made were not crispy enough for my liking. As such, I am looking for another recipe.

Princess had fun playing with my mother and MF in my mother's room.

We also celebrated the belated birthday of MF. Happy birthday, girl!

Princess was very excited when she saw my mother's slice of cheesecake.

The second stop was to the home of Da's sister in Punggol. Our other friends (JK, FK, FKQ, GKW, WC and SC) had already arrived earlier.

Unfortunately, we had to cancel our third stop, which was supposed to be the home of our friends, NN and SF. We were running late for our dinner appointment at the home of the Three Musketeers.

When we arrived at the home of the Three Musketeers, the party was in full swing.

ET had prepared a steamboat dinner.

Supercute and Princess enjoyed each other's company during the party.

Supercute is a very patient boy and he tossed a tangerine made of fabric to Princess for her to catch.

Princess brought her own toys to the party and shared them with Nining.

Here is another peek of the steamboat spread that ET had prepared. The soup was very delicious!

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin