Saturday, June 27, 2009

Wedding bells

The wedding bells tolled today for KK and HA. KK is the third brother of my friend, SC. SC and I have known each other since 1985. In fact, KK was the pianist at Da's and my church wedding and wedding dinner in 1998.

As KK and HA are both Catholics, the wedding mass was held at the Chapel in the Church of the Holy Trinity today. As usual, the DRSS Choir (oops... minus the "R", who is the bridegroom today) was roped in to do wedding planner duty today. We were not activated to sing at the wedding today because the wedding couple had arranged for the choir from the St. Bernadette's Church to sing at the wedding.

What then were the wedding planners' roles?

(a) SC - operations manager, reader (for the second reading) and ang pow (that is, red packet) distributor (SC's mother told us that if our ang pows were not large enough, to claim the difference from SC... *grin*... I replied that we shall "send our invoice" to SC)

(b) SL - bridesmaid

(c) WC (SC's husband) - photographer

(d) DL (SL's boyfriend) - videographer

(e) me - lector and unofficial photographer (er... actually, I was taking the photographs for my blog but I am more than happy to share the photographs with the wedding couple)

As Da had to work today, WC and SC gave me a lift this morning to the home of SC's mother. When we arrived, SC's mother showed her usual hospitality and gave us food to eat. Yummy!

As the time drew near for the wedding mass to start, the groom put on his coat.

The make-up artist did last-minute touch-ups for the bride's make-up.

Off we went to the wedding. It was held at the Holy Trinity Chapel.

SC's nephews were the helpers at the reception table. Their role was to request the guests to write some well-wishes in the book, collect a copy of the wedding booklet and to take a mask if they were not feeling well (in view of the recent H1N1 outbreak). I teased SC and asked her where the health declaration forms were.

The Priest who celebrated the wedding mass was humorous. He gave several tips for a successful marriage, often causing the congregation to break out into laughter. At the end, he said to forget all that he had said and only remember 4 sets of words:-
(a) I was wrong
(b) I am sorry
(c) Please forgive me
(d) I love you

After a beautiful wedding mass, it was time for the reception. One of the wedding couple's friends had baked a lovely two-tier wedding cake for the couple.

The food was catered from Nonya Manis Catering and it was delicious.

Hi KK and HA, on the occasion of your wedding, I wish you every blessings. May the favour of the Lord be upon your marriage always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thks 4 putting this up 4 me 2 c! too bad we can't b there :( sob,sob. had wanted so badly 2 but due 2 H1N1 n the 2 lil' ones, thot better not 2. Thks a million!

JT

Blog Widget by LinkWithin