Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sawatdee Kaa

Sawatdee Kaa! My mother called me this evening, informing me that she planned to fry some tom yum bee hoon (rice vermicelli) for dinner today. Yummy!

When Da and I arrived at my mother's home, the chef was in the midst of her cooking. She first fried the ingredients before adding tom yam paste, hot water and sugar (to taste). As I am not a chilli-eater, my mother did not make the dish very spicy. (Hi GP, are you taking notes? *grin*)

Boy-Boy was also in the kitchen, watching his Mama intently. He seemed to be learning the cooking ropes from her as well.

When the ingredients were cooked, my mother added the rice vermicelli and mixed them with the ingredients.

Voila! Dinner was ready to be served.

Other than my plate of noodles (which remained "unadorned"), my mother and Da liberally sprinkled chilli dried prawns over their respective plates of noodles.

After a mouth-watering dinner, it was time to "cool down"... with some sweet dragon fruit. As I watched my mother slice the dragon fruit, a thought occurred to me. I have just come across a simple recipe for durian ice cream that does not require the use of an ice cream maker. I wondered whether I could adapt the recipe to make dragon fruit ice cream.

Yawn..... after watching Jamie Oliver in "The Naked Chef" on Channel 69 (the Asian Food Channel), it was time to go home. However, before Da and I left, we packed some of the leftover tom yam rice vermicelli to bring home.

Hi Ma, dinner was delicious.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin