Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fancy some Hong Kong cuisine?

Da and I made the journey to the west after work today....

Actually, WC and SC fetched Da and I from the bus stop in front of my office after work today and we went to Vivo City (which is located in the western part of Singapore) for dinner.

WC suggested eating at Kim Gary Restaurant. This restaurant sells Hong Kong cuisine and has outlets in Malaysia and Singapore. My cousins in Kuala Lumpur / Petaling Jaya like to eat at Kim Gary Restaurant located at Mid Valley Megamall in Kuala Lumpur. Ah.... this brings back memories of my last visit to Kuala Lumpur.

The restaurant was very crowded when we arrived. We were shown to a table located in the middle of the restaurant. I would have liked to be allocated a table next to the window and overlooking Sentosa. Oh well... next time, then.

The restaurant was having a "cheese" promotion. As such, each of us ordered a set meal comprising:-
(a) a soup - you have a choice of mushroom soup or bosch soup
(b) a main meal - white rice is steamed in a basket and topped with the meat of your choice. You have a choice of "white sauce" or "red sauce"
(c) a hot or cold drink - SC ordered a sparkling mint drink, Da ordered a cold yin yang whereas WC and I both ordered a hot yin yang each

We also placed some side orders:-
(a) a serving of french fries with "mixed spices"
(b) a plate of assorted mushrooms in "white sauce"

In the end, it was a case of cheese overload. Every dish was loaded with cheese. However, I have to say that the food was delicious and worth a second try.

By the time we finished dinner, it was approaching 10 pm. As it was too late to browse the shops, we decided to walk towards the open atrium where we enjoyed a lovely breeze and had a view of Sentosa from a distance. WC was merrily taking photographs using his new Canon camera and I am sure that he will be posting some photographs in facebook sooner than later. *grin*

WC and SC gave Da and me a lift to my mother's home where we had parked our car this morning. As I had bought some curry puffs for my mother from the coffee shop near my office earlier today, I gave her the curry puffs. These curry puffs cost S$1 each and are rather substantial. There is even hard boiled egg inside each curry puff.

Boy-Boy approached us, hoping for a snack. Sorry, kiddo... none for you today.

WC and SC are planning a heritage trail of sorts this sunday for the gang. They are waiting for the rest of the gang to confirm their attendance. This should be fun. I am looking forward to this. The last time that the gang went on a heritage trail, it was years ago. Now... where are my walking shoes?

1 comment:

soohui said...

haha i love hong kong cuisine! Actually should say i like chinese food :) I m leaving for Hongkong tmr le... Yeah, can eat lots of good food... :D So see you soon! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin