Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A thoughtful gesture

From time to time, I help my colleagues with some of their personal work. In my company, when we represent our colleagues for their personal matters relating to work that our company does, we do not charge any fees for our services.

Recently, several secretaries from another department approached me to handle their personal matters. The interesting thing is that I do not really know some of them, perhaps at most by face. I do not know why, of all the people in my department, they chose to approach me. However, the Lord works in mysterious ways. He uses the weak to confound the mighty. Sometimes we think that we do not have much to offer - we may not have very high IQ, we may not have many "connections", we may not be influential, we may not have very good "PR skills", we may often be badmouthed by others... yet some people see something in us that others may not see. While others saw a shepherd boy, God saw a King in David. The little boy looked at his lunch basket and saw 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish but Jesus saw enough food to feed a multitude with 12 baskets left over.

One of the secretaries (from another department) whose personal matter I handled recently approached me during lunch time today. It so happened that I had not yet left the office for lunch. She handed me a "thank you" card.

She also gave me a box of 8 apple crumbles. As she left, she said that she hoped that my family and I would enjoy eating the apple crumbles.

Thank you very much, G. It was a very thoughtful gesture on your part. And yes, I love apple crumble. In fact, I prefer it to apple pie.

After work, I met up with Da and we brought the box of apple crumbles to my mother's home. Boy-Boy's ears perked up when he smelt the aromatic apple crumbles. He sat at the chair and gave us his "May I have some, please?" look which he has perfected.

I sliced one of the apple crumbles in order to take a photograph of the inside of the apple crumble. It was filled with ingredients.

Boy-Boy was rewarded for his patience with some of the crumbs. After he licked the plate clean, he started grinning at us. Goodness me! That little cheeky boy!

Gosh, my curiosity has now been aroused. I wonder whether I can get hold of a simple recipe for apple crumble? Hmm... watch this space for updates!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin