Monday, June 22, 2009

Let us fry some rice

My mother is on a roll... give her a Tefal pan (or, as she would prefer, a Green Pan!) and she will whip up delicious dishes for the family.

When I contacted my mother shortly after 8 pm today, I told her that I was meeting up with Da at the bus stop to take a bus to her home. En route, we could detour to the Kallang Airport hawker centre to buy dinner.

My mother said that she would "rustle up something for dinner" instead. Yippee! More home-cooked food! I rubbed my hands in anticipation as I met up with Da and we made our way to my mother's home.

Upon our arrival at my mother's home, I could smell the lovely aroma of home-cooked food even while I was opening the front door.

The lady chef was busy in the kitchen. What was she cooking?

Ah... my mother's famous fried rice with plenty of mixed greens, luncheon meat, eggs and chai-por.

My mother's able assistant (ZT) was also busy in the kitchen, baking some finger food to accompany the fried rice.

What a feast! My brother (LG) was unfortunately tied up at work. Too bad, brother... you missed out on a yummy dinner.

Burp! After a very satisfying dinner, we all had a cup of Chinese tea each.

Da's colleague had given him some durian puffs and a small fruit cake, so we all had a piece each as well. Boy-Boy's ears perked up when he smelt the durian. He loves durian!

Boy-Boy has a sweet tooth and as such, he was practically drooling at the sight of the fruit cake. *grin*

My mother mentioned that she has some salmon fillet in the freezer. Hmm... how about grilled salmon for dinner tomorrow, Ma?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I lurve fried rice.... it looks super super delicious!!!! foodie please post the recipe

GP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin