Friday, June 5, 2009

The simple things in life

Life is not always a smooth path. Sometimes, we encounter trials and tribulations along the way. However, let us be of good cheer for Jesus has overcome it for us. Let us enjoy the simple things in life.

It takes humility to submit to one who is lesser qualified than us or one who has lower IQ than us but who may be of a position of seniority as compared to us in an organisation. However, before we start to grouse, let us remember that our Lord Jesus knelt down and washed our feet. Jesus, who is the Son of God, did not find it beneath Him to do such a simple act. Who are we to act superior to someone else just because we happen to have a higher IQ than the other person? Let us look to Jesus and learn from Him.

This morning, my brother (LG) gave my mother, Da and me a lift to Raffles Link. My mother wanted to attend to some banking matters at a bank located at Raffles Place. As such, the three of us decided to eat our breakfast at Qi Ji. The food was delicious, as always. As for the drinks, I have to say that I like the coffee sold at Qi Ji and Hans Cafe & Cake House.

Late last night, I baked a banana cake in a bundt pan and I brought the entire cake to the office today. My secretary kindly cut the cake into many slices and passed the cake around. When she offered the cake to me, the first thing I said to her was, "Wait! I want to take a photograph of the cake!" She grinned and dutifully placed the bowl of sliced cake on the table for me to take a photograph of it. Hi GP, the photograph of the cake that I told you about is below. Enjoy!

It was a quiet day at work today. The highlight of the work day was a meeting that I attended in the late afternoon. Somehow the topic of discussion got diverted along the way and the parties started discussing the current economic situation. Remarks were passed about how the karaokes seem to be doing a booming business at the moment. Perhaps this industry is "recession-proof". One of the parties at the meeting works in a company that is the landlord of a property whose tenant is operating a karaoke business at the property. The others at the meeting started teasing this gentleman about "happy hour" and requested him to let the rest of us have a guided tour of the karaoke.

After work, Da and I went to the Kallang Airport hawker centre with my mother for dinner. My mother ordered a sliced fish soup with "emperor noodles". Da ordered a vegetarian char kway teow (hi Hamtaro, this is the vegetarian stall that you told me about). I ordered yong tau hu but requested for curry gravy. The verdict? Da's dish was the winner of the night. My mother said that the standard of the sliced fish soup had dropped since the last time she ate it. As for me, I found the curry gravy too spicy and the rice vermicelli (bee hoon) were overcooked.

My mother remembered that there used to be a drink stall in the last row at the hawker centre whose hot tea she likes. We managed to locate the stall. Gosh... their menu has expanded. I would recommend their home-made hot lemon tea.

When we left the hawker centre, we located our car and belted up. As we were about to drive off, I suddenly noticed two pairs of eyes peeking out of the car that was parked next to our cars. Goodness me! There were two little schnauzers in the car! The windows of the car were not wound all the way to the top and hence, there was some ventilation for the dogs.

Unable to resist the temptation, my mother and I started making "go-go-ga-ga" talk to the dogs and they responded. One of the dogs stood up and started whining, trying to poke his head out of the window (which he could not as the gap between the window and the frame of the door was quite narrow).

I think that we "chatted" with the dogs for at least 15 minutes! I hope that passersby (who may not have noticed the dogs) did not think that I was a mad girl, poking my head out of my car door, waving to the car next to ours and talking to the car! *grin*

BD was on medical leave today. Get well soon, BD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

foooooddddiie

number one virtual food doesnt make the cut period!!

I want to go QI JI again!! this time I am going to have the nasi lemak plus my fave teh si bing...

I like Han's curry and their fried rice (the normal one at $6.50)

GP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin