Monday, June 29, 2009

toufu with minced meat

When my brothers and I were growing up, my mother used to cook this signature dish of hers quite often. It is a simple dish of toufu but it is very delicious and appetising.

At the request of GP, I have asked my mother to share her trade secret, so here it is.... enjoy!


INGREDIENTS

cooking oil
2 toufu (deep fried)
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
300g minced pork (marinated in light sauce, pepper, sesame oil and cornstarch)
6 Chinese dried mushrooms (sliced)
1 red chilli (chopped)
2 tbsp fermented bean paste ("tau chiew")
hot water
sugar (to taste)

METHOD

1. Deep fry the whole toufu. Drain off the excess oil and place the toufu in a large bowl.

2. Fry the garlic in some oil until fragrant.

3. Add the minced pork, dried mushrooms and red chilli and fry until cooked.

4. Add the fermented bean paste and hot water. Add sugar to taste.

5. When the gravy has boiled, pour over the toufu.

2 comments:

Mama Mia said...

it would be better to add the tau cheo after the garlic and fry till fragrant before adding the meat

Anonymous said...

thanks foodie.... i can't wait to share it with my mum...

GP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin