Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's finally over

The slice of cake that you see in the photograph above was given to me this past week by a colleague. However, in the end, I did not get to eat it. Sigh... it is a long story and if your curiosity is aroused, a lunch treat (from you to me, that is!) at Han's Cafe or Qi Ji would be nice. *grin*

Anyway, my wonderful team at work and I have been busy lately with a big project which finally ended on 22 May 2009. There is some post-completion work to be done but for the most part, the project is considered to be completed. I am very relieved and I am thankful to the Lord for making this successful. My team and I have been handling this project since 2005. Along the way, the Lord has showed His hand time and again, with wonders and miracles that can only come from the One above. I often amaze at how things just fall into place. Recently, a friend told me, after seeing how stressed I was while handling the project, not to give up because I will be blessed when I go to heaven. I replied to her that my life is already blessed on earth with a close-knit family, loving relatives and friends and a wonderful team at work (many of whom have stepped forward and willingly offered their help to me even before I requested for their help. Thank you, gang. I am humbled at how thoughtful you are.). Indeed, for every lemon that the devil throws at me, the Lord turns it into lemonade. Jesus, You are the lifter of my soul and You deliver me from all trials and tribulations. Thank You, Lord, from the bottom of my heart.

This morning, I baked a loaf of banana nut bread. As I had to go to the office to clear some work, I brought a few slices to work for my breakfast. I also packed a container of the sliced bread to bring to the home of the Three Musketeers in the evening.

Giving in to temptation, I also baked a batch of biscuits this morning. These are not biscuits in the sense of cookies. These are the type of savoury and non-crunchy biscuits that one dips into gravy. When I was done, I packed some of the biscuits in a container for the Three Musketeers as well.

When Da and I met after work, we boarded a bus at the bus stop near my office and proceeded to Bukit Merah where we had a light snack of vadai and teh tarik at Brinda's restaurant. This is a 24-hour fast-food restaurant. I like their vadai, especially when it is piping hot and crispy.

As our car was parked at my office building, we took a long walk from Bukit Merah to the Redhill MRT station. This is the route that Da used to walk to and from the MRT station when he previously worked in the Bukit Merah area. Upon arrival at the MRT station near my office building, it was another walk (albeit shorter) to my office.

As we were walking to my office building, I told Da that I was a little hungry (as our lunch of vadai was not very substantial). Uncertain of whether there was any cafe nearby that was still open around 5 pm, we decided to proceed to Lau Pat Sat hawker centre where we sat down and shared a curry puff, a "butterfly" and a savoury "ham jim pang". Okay, do not ask me the names of "butterfly" and "ham jim pang" in English because I have no idea. These are snacks made from flour and deep fried.

After our snack, we collected our car and drove to the home of The Three Musketeers. ET had fried some Hokkien mee (Kuala Lumpur style). Delicious!

Dinner was a simple affair, with fried Hokkien mee as the only dish. However, do not be mistaken that we had a light dinner. The portion on each plate was so huge that we all struggled to finish the Hokkien mee. Ooh... but it was so yummy that before we knew it, each of us had finished our plate of Hokkien mee.

Gosh, I was very exhausted today (due to the fact that I had been going home from work around 3+ in the morning for the past few days). As such, I dozed off after dinner while everyone else was watching television. After about 3 hours, Supercute came by and we had a long chat about his school, his life and the computer games that he, his siblings (that is, Tau Suan and Nining) and his mother (SY) play. We also reminisced about the old days when I used to tutor him in English. He was probably around Primary 1 (Grade 1) at that time. He is now in Secondary 2 (Grade 8) and we have progressed from tutoring in English to sharing and bonding. I am honoured that he trusts me enough to share his life experiences with me.

If you are wondering why there are no photographs of coffee and after dinner treats (such as cake, bread, etc) in this post, it is because I was in dreamland when the others were enjoying the snacks. Nining told me that they forgot to take photographs of the snacks on my behalf. How sweet of her to let me know! She is only 3 years of age but she is mature in her thinking and behaviour. It is probably due to the fact that her siblings are much older than her. Tau Suan is in Primary 6 (Grade 6) whereas Supercute is in Secondary 2 (Grade 8). As such, she is more mature than other children of her age group.

Have a Shaloam weekend!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin