Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy Mothers' Day - Part 3

If the title of this posts confounds you, do not fret. It is indeed Part 3 of our Mothers' Day celebrations for 2009. My brother (LB) and his wife (MF) were not free last sunday (10 May 2009) and as such, we had postponed the Mothers' Day dinner to today. Furthermore, as my mother's birthday is coming up on 19 May 2009, it was a double-celebration tonight - a belated Mothers' Day dinner cum an advance birthday dinner for my mother.

I woke up at about 8.30 am today. As I started my preparations for dinner, I had a quick breakfast comprising:-
(a) a mug of hot tea; and
(b) a tuna. anchovies and peanuts sandwich.

Da and I have run out of jam. As such, I made some mango and banana jam. As the jam does not contain any preservatives, it should be consumed within a month or two.

For the pre-dinner drinks, I concocted a mixed berries and banana smoothie. Yummy!

After I had cut the vegetables and placed them in the slow cooker, I baked some crunchy cheese cookies. During Chinese New Year this year, I baked some chewy cheese cookies and brought them to Muar, Malaysia. The feedback from my relatives was that they would have preferred that the cookies be crunchy instead of chewy. I have been wanting to bake some crunchy cheese cookies and I finally got round to doing it today.

As I was busying myself in the kitchen, I realised that the youngest of the three handsome boys (who are our neighbours) was next to our front door. I had left the main wooden door open (but kept the iron grille locked) to allow ventilation. When I went to chat with him, he looked at the rubber mat next to our main door. The mat had the word "WELCOME" stated on it. I was surprised when he read out the individual letters of the word. He is around Nining's age and I did not expect him to be able to read complicated letters such as "W". Well done, Hng Hng!

With some time to spare, I could not resist the temptation to bake a kiwifruit and strawberry yoghurt cake.

In the evening, I packed some goodies and gave them to the three handsome boys. Little Hng Hng wanted to take both containers from me but I decided to let one of his brothers take one of the containers in case the little one could not manage two containers.

Ding-dong! The guests had arrived. Da and I gave each of the guests a glass of mixed berries and banana smoothie to start. As I warmed up some of the food (which had cooled down), the guests snacked on the crunchy cheese cookies that I had baked today. Goodness me! Boy-Boy liked the cookies as well!

The menu for tonight's dinner comprised:-
(a) chicken stew;
(b) lasagne;
(c) otah bergedel; and
(d) garlic bread.

I would have cooked more but erm... there were requests that I cut down on the menu. *grin*

My brother (LG) and his girlfriend (ZT) bought a marble cheesecake from Secret Recipe Cafe for the Mothers' Day cake cum birthday cake. Boy-Boy's ears perked up when he saw the cake. He loves cheese!

Happy Mothers' Day and Happy Birthday, Ma! We love you very much! Mwah! Mwah!

After dinner, it was time to cheer Manchester United as their English Premier League football match with Arsenal ended 0-0. All the Red Devils needed was a draw to win the 2008-2009 English Premier League season. Yippee! Hi Bro YK, I cannot help this but... neh-ni-neh-ni-boo-boo! *grin*

After all the excitement, Boy-Boy decided to take "40 winks" while the rest of us chatted. In case you are wondering what is the vest that Boy-Boy is wearing, it is the Champ Dog vest that LG and ZT bought for him.

Thank You, Abba Father for blessing my family and me. Continue to grant me favours and place me at the right time at the right place. I cast all my cares on You and You will carry me through all storms. Amen!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin