Sunday, May 3, 2009

I love sundays

I love sundays. It is a day to catch up on one's sleep, a day to spend time with one's family and loved ones and last but not least, a day to sit at the feet of the Lord and listen to His Word.

My youngest brother (LG) is away at reservist training. As such, Da and I went to fetch my mother and ZT (LG's girlfriend) for brunch today. We went to the food court located at the basement of Katong Shopping Centre. Gosh, it was so crowded today! To simplify matters, everyone decided to order the same food - yong tau hu. It was delicious, as always.

After brunch, we passed by a very small car on the way to our car. It was a 2-seater and it looked very cute! A perfectly "selfish" car for a lady to ferry her pet dog around and to do her grocery shopping. *grin*

It was another spirit-filled church service today. As you know, there is currently an epidemic of swine flu making its rounds. We are blessed not to have any outbreak over here. I continue to pray for the Lord's protection over our people. A thousand may fall at our side and ten thousand at our right hand, but it shall not come near us (Psalm 91). Amen!

As such, do not let our hearts be troubled nor let it be afraid. When Jesus died at the Cross two thousand years ago, God has taken care of everything for us. The work of Jesus is finished. We do not therefore have to worry about any diseases, sicknesses nor germs because it will not harm us. Many a time, people fall sick more from worry rather than being infected with the virus. Fear is crippling and it condemns. Do not let it affect you. When you encounter challenges in life, cast your cares on the Lord. I do not know how the challenges will be taken away nor how the matter will be resolved, but I will trust in the Lord that He has taken care of everything. I only have to believe in Him and to trust Him. I choose to believe that the sacrifice of Jesus at Calvary is a finished work. I ask the Lord to take away all cares from me. I see my cares being placed on the body of Jesus and carried by Him. I throw my burdens on the Lord and He will see me through. Thank You, Lord for your perfect work at the Cross.

After church, Da and I decided to go home to rest before dinner. As it would be some time before dinner, we decided to have a small snack at home in the meantime. As such, I toasted two slices of the peanut butter bread that I had baked yesterday and we ate it with a mug of coffee and some of the cookies that I had baked yesterday. What better way to catch up on the newspaper reading than during a relaxing tea-time?

When it came to dinner time, we had initially planned to have dinner at the Kallang Airport hawker centre. However, last-minute we changed our minds and proceeded to Cafe Cartel located at East Coast Road instead. It was crowded but we managed to get a table with comfortable seats. In fact, the seats were so comfortable that it was difficult to get up from the seats!

Being the typical Singaporean, we adopted the "share-share" procedure, that is, each of us ordered a different dish and we shared the items. As such, each of us ended up with a dinner plate that contained:-
(a) oriental chicken salad
(b) fish and chips
(c) St. Louis' ribs
(d) barbequed chicken with linguine

The food was mouth-watering. If you pay an extra S$3.90, you can add on a bowl of the soup of the day and free-flow bread. hmm... I love freshly baked bread. Yummy!

After dinner, we proceed to my mother's home. Boy-Boy had an injection at the vet recently as he has been scratching himself. The medication prescribed by the vet seems to have an effect on him because he is not as active as other days. LG and ZT have purchased a vest for Boy-Boy to prevent him from scratching himself. He seems to like the vest. You cannot see the words imprinted on the vest in the photograph below but it says "Champ Dog". Cool! A very apt description of Boy-Boy. He is such a darling and he brings so much joy to us. He is truly our Champ!

Oh my goodness.... A re-run of "The King and I" (starring Yul Brynner and Deborah Kerr) was showing on television tonight! As each scene unfolded, ZT looked amused as I started singing along to the songs. My family and I must have watched this on television countless times when my brothers and I were growing up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I caught the king and I too..... one of my all time faves alongside the sound of music

GP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin