Friday, July 23, 2010

So thankful that it is a friday

In the past few weeks, the economy seems to be moving quickly and I am often left trying to catch my breath. Why is every project urgent and needs to be attended to immediately? Why are we trying to catch our tail on a daily basis?

This has been a very long work week for me, peppered with almost daily headaches. Even panadol has not worked.

I am therefore very thankful that it is a friday today. I look forward to a relaxing weekend spent with family.

I managed to leave the office a little earlier today and reached home around 8 pm.

My mother ate beef noodles for dinner today.

FIL ate chicken rice.

MIL decided to share her cup of coffee with FIL.

MIL is a chilli lover and she could not resist "snacking" on a saucer of pounded chilli.

The bananas that FIL bought for Princess had become a little overripe and as such, she did not finish eating her banana today.

MIL, Da and I ate nonya dumpling for our dinner today. MIL had bought the dumplings from a shop at East Coast Road.

MIL was given a box of cheese cookies at work today. I sampled a piece but declined a second helping as I found the cookies a tad too savoury for my liking.

MIL was also given some homemade ban cheng kueh and I warmed them up together with other snacks for after-dinner snacks.

I give thanks to the Lord that I managed to "survive this week". I pray for His blessings for next week and trust Him to see me through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

usually Malays bake savoury cookies... my malay housing agents some of them bake lovely cookies

GP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin