Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Always end a meal on a sweet note

It was one of those "goodness me... I ate the same thing for lunch and dinner" days.

I went to International Plaza during lunchtime today as I had errands to run. I had run out of facial scrub and for the sake of convenience, I wanted to buy a tube from Watsons at International Plaza.

The Killiney Kopitiam outlet located at International Plaza had either closed down or relocated and in its place was another cafe that sold similar food. As such, I ordered a sliced fish soup with a bowl of steamed white rice. Gosh, the soup was so salty and that kind of spoiled what was otherwise a healthy lunch.

PIL brought dinner to our home in the evening.

MIL ate "sin chew bee hoon".

Da ate steamed white rice with stir-fried chicken.

I ate steamed white rice with... you guessed it! Sliced fish!

FIL ate satay. I personally prefer Malay satay to Chinese satay as I find that the meat of Malay satay tends to be more tender.

Satay is often accompanied by ketupat, red onion and cucumber.

The peanut gravy was not spicy.

After a satisfying dinner, it was time to end the meal on a sweet note.

We shared some red apple.

And some Tim Tams (dark chocolate, of course!).

And an assortment of ang ku kueh, pineapple tart, custard puff and bread bun.

Oh yes... and not forgetting the OLD BRAND of butter cookies. (wink, wink to GP!)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning mei

my fave is the curly butter cookie-plain no sugar. it's the 1st cookie on your left..

the sin chew bee hoon and H's dinner loooook very good leh

GP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin