Saturday, July 31, 2010

After all that walking, my feet are going "ouch, ouch, ouch"!

We had a very busy day today.

Event #1 => air-conditioning servicing. The air-conditioning servicemen turned up 15 minutes early (at 9.15 am instead of 9.30 am) to service our air-conditioning. The boss of the company used to live opposite my mother but he has since moved away (but within the vicinity, we heard).

After servicing all our air-conditioning, he informed us that the air-conditioning in the master bedroom was noisy because of the baby power that the filter had caught.

Event #2 = breakfast. After the air-conditioning servicemen left, we sat down to breakfast. Da had made a quick visit to our favourite coffeeshop at Jalan Tua Kong to buy breakfast.

This is Da's nasi lemak breakfast:-

This is my nasi lemak breakfast:-

Event #3 => dental appointment. It has been almost a year since we visited our dentist. After being placed on the waiting list, we were informed that there were two back-to-back slots available for us, the first slot being at 3.15 pm.

Da had his dental treatment after me. While he was undergoing his treatment, I let Princess walk around in the dental clinic. This is her first visit to the dentist. According to him, children can start having dental treatment around 4 1/2 years of age. Okay... something to bear in mind.

We asked the dentist about cleaning Princess' tongue. She does not enjoy it and will push my hand away. According to the dentist, there is no necessity to clean her tongue if she puts up resistance. Instead, the solution is to let her drink more water.

Event #4 => Visit to Katong Catholic Book Store. As the book store was located near the dental clinic, we decided to visit the book store. We bought a children's Bible for Princess. She already has a children's Bible that PIL gave her for her baptism. However, the one that we bought today was a simplified version comprising the Old Testament and New Testament stories and the book was the thick kind that was suitable for young children who have a tendency to tear the pages of a book. While we were there, we bumped into Da's ex-university schoolmate. This ex-schoolmate is also acquainted with Da's sister (TGN) and her husband (TYK) as well as several other mutual friends.

Event #5 => teatime at Glory Catering. As the dental clinic was located near Glory Catering at East Coast Road, we proceeded to Glory Catering after our dental treatment.

Da ordered a mee siam.

I ordered a popiah.

We shared a glass of kopi tarik kurang manis.

Princess slept through our teatime. When we had just finished eating, she woke up from her nap and I gave her some Nestle rice cereal with mixed vegetables to eat.

Event #6 => stopover at Awfully Chocolate. Da, Princess and I shared a scoop of chocolate ice cream. This is the first time that I have eaten the chocolate ice cream from Awfully Chocolate and I have to say that it is "awfully divine"!

Event #7 => visit to Changi Airport. After we left Awfully Chocolate, we parked our car at the public carpark near Kembangan MRT station. We then took a Mass Rapid Transit train to Changi Airport. The last time that Princess went to Changi Airport, she could not walk yet. This time around, we could not stop her. She was on fire! My feet are aching and groaning as I type this post.

Event #8 => late dinner. We left Changi Airport at 8+ pm and made our way home. As we were in the elevator in our development, I asked Princess whether she was tired and she nodded her head.

When we reached home, we sponged Princess and gave her a bottle of milk. She promptly fell asleep after she and I recounted the events of the day. I asked her whether she remembered being carried by her cousin (SCT) whom we met at Awfully Chocolate today and she nodded her head. Such a sweet girl!

I have to confess that I took 40 winks myself. When I woke up from my short nap, I shuffled my feet to the kitchen to prepare a simple dinner (comprising of leftovers in our refrigerator).

After dinner, we ate some duku langsat.

And some chocolate.

Yawn! It has been an exhausting day for us. Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning mei

wow that was a very eventful sat.... i felt tired for you

GP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin