Saturday, July 10, 2010

Dinner at Hong Kong Street Family Restaurant with PIL

I had to work this afternoon.

As such, Da decided to buy a more substantial meal for me for breakfast as I would not have time to eat my lunch before my meeting.

Da went to our favourite coffeeshop at Jalan Tua Kong with the intention to buy nasi lemak rice with ingredients of own choosing. Gosh, at 11+ in the morning, the coconut rice had run out, leaving only steamed white rice. I guess it was a blessing in disguise because steamed white rice is more healthy than coconut rice.

This was Da's brunch:-

This was my brunch:-

A few days ago, MIL had given us several pieces of ang ku kueh. Da and I decided to warm up the balance 3 pieces. Tikam, tikam... voila! I managed to guess correctly which ang ku kueh contained the peanut filling. Yummy!

My meeting was scheduled to start at 2.30 pm. By the time I reached home, it was almost 7 pm. PIL had already arrived at our home. I quickly changed and off we all went to Eastwood Centre for a night out.

Dinner was at the Hong Kong Street Family restaurant located at Eastwood Centre.

This is Thai style deep fried toufu. When I bit into the toufu, I realised that the restaurant had mixed with toufu with other ingredients.

MIL ordered koo kee soup but was informed by the waitress that they no longer sell this soup because the koo kee vegetables spoil easily. As such, we changed the order to bittergourd soup. By the way, I just learned that koo kee vegetables are actually wolfberry leaves. I am not a Chinese soup person and I ate the ingredients but did not drink the soup. I find that Chinese soups sold commercially tend to be rather salty. MIL has Cantonese tastebuds and as such, she must have soup with every "sit-down Chinese dinner" meal.

We also ordered "bai kwok wong". The dish was delicious. FIL lamented the lack of ribs in the dish. I personally prefer "bai kwok wong" to "ko lok yok" because "ko lok yok" tends to be very fatty.

Our vegetable dish for the night (other than the slices of bittergourd in the soup) was stir-fried broccoli.

We have a birthday party to attend tomorrow. Princess' cousin (the son of Da's cousin) is celebrating his one month birthday tomorrow. Just the other day, Da's niece (MAT) commented that it was such a coincidence that there were "three ones" this year - Princess' cousin (1 month old), Princess (1 year old) and Princess' paternal great grandfather (100 years old). With long life, He will satisfy us. In His name, we pray.

MIL reminded me today that we must teach Princess how to make the sign of the Cross. I am not certain whether a one-year old girl has the motor skills to do this but I shall try to teach her and leave the rest to the Lord for He will make sure that our precious blessing has all the skills and abilities to be a winner in life. She will be the head and not the tail. She will see good days, all the days of her life.

Yesterday, GP mentioned to me about DSA (that is, "direct school admission"). Do you know of anyone who is under this category? What is that person's feedback about this programme? I ask this because I recall reading in the newspapers some time back that some children who were placed under the gifted programme subsequently found difficulty integrating themselves into "regular society". In layman's terms, it means that such children (when grown up) may be of "different wavelength" from others and as such, they may have difficulty with social interaction with the "general folk". Some people refer to this as the "IQ vs EQ" issue. How far is this true? What are your views?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin