Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Yesterday once more

Date: 24 February 2009

Time: 7 pm

Venue: Akashi Japanese Restaurant at Vivo City

Agenda: to reminisce about the good old days

I met up with my friends BW, RT and DDT for dinner today. We were schoolmates in junior college (Grades 11 and 12). DDT's wife (TT) joined us for dinner as well.

I am not familiar with Vivo City as I rarely go there. The few times that I have been there have been with my family. Whenever my family meets for a dim sum buffet lunch at Dragon Gate Restaurant at HarbourFront Centre, invariably we would end with coffee at Gloria Jean's Coffees at Vivo City (which is next door to HarbourFront Centre).

As I was running late for the dinner appointment, I hailed a taxi. En route, the taxi driver could be forgiven if he mistakenly thought that I was a big time busy businesswoman as I took several calls on my mobile phone. Other than a lovely chat with Hamtaro (who had queries about SC's recipe for homemade pizza which I posted in my blog on 27 July 2008), the rest of the calls were work-related.

When I arrived, RT, DDT and TT were already seated. DDT and TT were merrily snacking on the soybeans that were served as appetizer. I offered them some cinnamon doughnuts that I had made today.

Shortly thereafter, BW arrived. She had parked her car at another section and had a little difficulty locating the restaurant.

It is amazing how some friendships can weather all seasons. Although we were schoolmates some 20 years ago, I thank the Lord that we have remained good friends. We had a wonderful time of fellowship, catching up, reflecting and gossiping. When it was past 10 pm, from where I was seated, I could see that the waitresses kept looking in our direction. They must have been thinking, "Goodness me! This group has been here for hours. When are they leaving?" *grin*

I had a great time, my friends. Let's do this again soon. Oh... and all the best for your driving test, DDT!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wahahaha, tks pebbles.

Anonymous said...

tks pebbles.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin