Friday, February 27, 2009

老地方 (old place)

Thank God it's friday! This has been a very long week for me.

Life is full of challenges and we are often surrounded by naysayers. At times when it is essential that we not be under any stress, the evil one deliberately throws situations and people in our way in an attempt to add to our stress. What do we do at times like this? We turn to the Lord because the battle belongs to Him.

I am elated that I have added three books to my Christian book collection. All the three books bought from Tecman at Bras Basah Complex. Two of the books were written by Joyce Meyer (one of which ("How to hear from God") was recommended by Da's cousin, MT). The third book is about the remarkable women of the Bible and the lessons we can learn from them. For example, the story of Ruth in the Bible is a very good illustration of how God can put us at the right time at the right place. I have just started on "The Battle Belongs To The Lord" by Joyce Meyer and it has been enlightening.

Da and I have a dinner date with Da's parents today. Before we left the house, we gave a plate of home-made goodies (all made by me) to the three handsome young boys who are our neighbours.

(ham bun, walnut cookies, banana chocolate chip muffin
& baked yoghurt doughnut)


The venue for the dinner? Da's parents' usual haunt - Hong Kong Street Family Restaurant at Eastwood Centre.

As MIL is Cantonese, for her it is a must to have a bowl of soup with every meal. As such, we ordered a koo kee soup (it is a plain soup with koo kee vegetables and egg). I am not sure what is the English name for koo kee vegetable but it is a green leafy vegetable which does not have a bitter taste. We also ordered a steamed fish, stir fried string beans and venison stir fried with ginger and spring onion. I gave FIL half of my plate of steamed white rice as I find that the portion is too much for me.

As food sold at Chinese restaurants tends to be oily, I ordered a glass of Chinese tea (which I shared with Da). FIL and MIL shared a glass of warm home-made barley drink.

After dinner, we gave FIL and MIL a lift home.

The weather was very breezy and perfect for a midnight stroll. I gave it a miss, though, as I found it a little chilly. As such, we all took a lift to Da's parents' home (which is on the 18th storey of the condominium block where they live).

We stayed a while at Da's parents' place before we left. I was a little restless as I wanted to go home to blog. *grin*

I hope that you had a good week. Have a restful weekend and stay blessed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you auntie for the yummy confectionery.

From the three boys.

Zhong Yuan said...

I love the songs you posted, they are so encouraging and beautiful~~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin