Sunday, August 31, 2008

Teochew spread

Goodness me! Look at the time! Da and I overslept this morning and woke up only at 11+ am.

I contacted my mother and found out that my youngest brother is on overnight duty at reservist. So Da and I brought my mother and my youngest brother's girlfriend for lunch at Katong Shopping Centre ("KSC"). Do you know that there were plans last year for a collective sale of KSC? Just imagine - no more clothes alteration, no more delicious chicken rice, no more tasty Western food, no more mini hot pot noodles.... boo hoo hoo!

After lunch, Da decided to cut his hair at one of the hair salons at KSC. This hair salon used to be located at Parkway Parade. I guess the rent hike affects every one of us and in particular, those in the retail trade. Knowing how long the salon boss takes to cut his customers' hair, the rest of us browsed around the other shops before sitting down in a nearby cafe for drinks. There was a little girl sitting at a nearby table who kept coming to our table to smile at us.

Finally, after 1 hour (yes, that is how long the salon boss took to cut Da's hair! In fact, according to my mother, the salon takes 2 hours to cut my youngest brother's hair - that would give you an inkling of how thick and unmanageable his hair is!), we left KSC.

The Nike run took place today! Way to go, fellas! Fortunately, the weather was lovely for a run.

After church, Da and I met my family for Teochew porridge buffet at Orchard Grand Court. Although one member of our family was absent due to reservist duties, the rest of us had a roaring good time. Next time, bro! We ate an extra portion of food on your behalf.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin