Monday, August 18, 2008

In God I trust

Life, as you know, is full of ups and downs.

However, what do you do when certain things seem to be going out of control and you feel so frustrated? There are people who seem to be against you for reasons beyond your comprehension and you are not getting through some other people.

Isn't it interesting that when we learn a gospel truth in church on sunday, the devil tries to attack us the following week? He simply has no originality!

The Bible does not say that there will be no weapon formed against us. However, the Bible says clearly in Psalm 91 that no weapon that is formed against us shall prosper.

It is not easy to remember this when things seem to be going wrong and you wonder what you every did to a particular person to make him/her want to sabotage you or to pull rank on you. I guess we will never understand the complexities of the human mind. It is easy to say that we should be magnanimous and be a Good Neighbour but it is so difficult for our weak nature to execute this.

What hurts a lot is when people whom you would expect to understand your predicament appear to turn their head and seem to be blinded to the truth. You can scream and shout in frustration but you will merely come across as a complaining person. When will the truth ever shed light? Your guess is as good as mine.

What do you do when you reach the stage where you feel so demoralised that you just want to give up? What do you do when listening to worship songs just makes you burst into uncontrollable tears?

Abba Father, we know that You care. We do not understand why these things happen but we know that You were not the cause. However, Father, it is very difficult to go through it and the sense of resentment and frustration sometimes gets so bad that we do not know what to do anymore.

Help us, Father. You are our refuge and our strength.


I will dwell in the secret place of the Most High
I will stay in the shadow of Your wings
For Lord You are my refuge, my tower of strength
My hope is in you, secure I stand

You will deliver me
Your truth will be my shield
Jesus you cover me
In your love no fear prevails

I dwell in the secret place of the Most High
I will stay in the shadow of Your wings
For Lord You are my refuge, my tower of strength
My hope is in you, secure I stand

You will deliver me
Your truth will be my shield
Jesus you cover me
In Your love no fear prevails

You will deliver me
Your truth will be my shield
Jesus you cover me
In Your love no fear prevails

No evil, no terror, no arrow, no plague
Shall ever come near me
For You are my safety, my hiding place
Jesus I trust in You

No evil, no terror, no arrow, no plague
Shall ever come near me
For You are my safety, my hiding place
Jesus I trust in You

For Lord You are my refuge, my tower of strength
My hope is in You, secure I stand

You will deliver me
Your truth will be my shield
Jesus You cover me
In Your love no fear prevails

No evil, no terror, no arrow, no plague
Shall ever come near me
For You are my safety, my hiding place
Jesus I trust in You

No evil, no terror, no arrow, no plague
Shall ever come near me
For You are my safety, my hiding place
Jesus I trust in You

Jesus I trust in You

Jesus I trust in You

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin