Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye, 2009!

It is the last day of 2009 today. Auld Lang Syne!

As I was working 1/2 day today (but Da was not), Da's niece, MAT came over to join me for afternoon jalan-jalan. We went to Parkway Parade with my mother and my Aunt SN (my mother's second sister).

Aunt SN ordered nasi padang from the food court at Parkway Parade. She was attracted by the achar. Aunt SN is a chilli queen - the amount of chilli she eats is amazing.

My mother and I ate beef noodles.

Unfortunately, the beef noodles only came with one type of noodles - the thick type of beehoon. I am not very fond of this type of noodles. Even when it comes to pasta, I prefer linguine to regular spaghetti noodles. It has been years since my mother and I ate beef noodles.

MAT ordered Korean beef rice. It looked delicious.

While we were at Isetan at Parkway Parade, we bumped into my friend, DDT and his wife (TT). They were there sans their two little princesses. My mother (who also knows DDT) had not seen him in years, so it was good to catch up.

As MAT had to leave early to go to her father's brother's home for a barbeque, her aunt-in-law came to fetch her from the waiting area near the bus stop at Marine Parade Central.

Da was able to leave the office a little early and he came to Parkway Parade to meet the rest of us. We ate dinner (at the food court... again!) before we made our way back.

This year has indeed been a Dektos year for Da and me. I know that the Lord has gone ahead of us and He has paved the way for an even more victorious 2010. I look forward to the journey. Thank You, Lord for loving us. We love You because You first loved us.

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin