Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day dinner 2009

If the photographs in this post look like a feast to you, it was.

My mother, Aunt SN and ZT (girlfriend of my brother, LG) came to our home for Boxing Day dinner today.

This afternoon, I made some garlic spread, which I then spread onto homemade banana oat bread. The end result was homemade garlic bread.

The Muar otah-otah came in handy and I baked the same in our convection oven.

Looking at the spread, I wonder how we managed to eat so much. *grin*

I baked some fish fingers in the oven. The trick to crispy and delicious finger food is in the temperature and timing. For the breaded fish fingers, I baked them at 220 degrees celsius for 10 minutes. Thereafter, I flipped the fish fingers over and baked them at 220 degrees celsius for another 10 minutes. Yummy!

The ham was ordered from a wholesaler through my colleague at work.

Ready for dinner?

Da bought some cans of Campbell wild mushroom soup and I heated some in the cooking pot. I have to say, though, that I prefer the regular Campbell mushroom soup.

These gigantic looking drumsticks are actually turkey and not chicken.

Was there more to the spread? Yes, there was!

I baked a Sunshine Hawaiian pizza that ZT had given us. This pizza is halal.

I also baked some CP honey wings.

Did we finish the entire spread? No. There was quite a bit of leftover turkey and ham. Not to worry - these are perfect for sandwiches.

Have a blessed Christmas, one and all!

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin