Sunday, December 20, 2009

aching feet

I had aching feet today from the KLKK (kia-lai-kia-ke) yesterday and as such, we decided to have a quiet day at home today.

Da bought brunch from our favourite coffee shop at Jalan Tua Kong. He bought steamed white rice with ingredients for himself.

For me, Da bought mee sua soup.

In the early afternoon, I stood at our balcony and admired our mini pot of orchids. We had bought this pot of orchids from Ikea several years ago. When we bought it, there was a single stalk of flowers. Ever since that stalk, the orchid has not bloomed. Recently, I was elated to see 3 stalks growing. Hallelujah! It is amazing how the plants do not have to worry about life and yet the Lord makes sure that they will survive and thrive.

The pot of plant below was "created" from stem cuttings from another pot. I was not sure whether the plant would survive as I did not know whether this was the correct way to propagate this type of plant. As such, I was very excited to see that the plant was starting to flower.

During teatime, I baked a banana raisin cake. This cake does not contain eggs nor butter/margarine and is hence suitable for vegans.

I also baked four small bratwurst rolls. Da and I like to eat bratwurst as it is very hearty.

My Aunt SN (who hails from Muar in Malaysia) is currently in Singapore. She likes homemade bread and as such, I baked a loaf of banana oat bread.

In the evening, we took a short stroll around our estate. When we came back to our development, we saw a small Christmas tree located near the guard house. Ah... Christmas is just around the corner! The Lord loves us so much that He willingly came to earth as a man; He suffered and died for us and by His stripes, we are healed!

My feet were aching too much for me to cook a full meal. As such, I added some hash brown, ham, cheese sausages and milk to a can of clam chowder and cooked a simple one-dish meal.

There was just enough for Da and me, with a little leftover.

We ate the chowder with 1/2 a bratwurst bread roll each.

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin