Tuesday, December 29, 2009

almost green fingers

I would be the first to admit that I do not really have "green fingers".

I have lost count of the number of plants that I have "killed" while the plants were under my care.

Currently, we only have 3 plants left in our balcony.
(a) A large pot of dessert rose that we bought a few years ago from a nursery.
(b) A small pot of orchids that we bought from Ikea (for less than S$5, if I recall correctly) a few years ago.
(c) A pot of plant (whose name I cannot remember) that I "created" from stem cuttings from another plant.

The sun that shines at our balcony is quite strong and as such, it may be part of the reason why some of our plants have not survived. By the same token, the dessert rose is doing well because it can survive under strong sunlight.

As for the mini pot of orchids, ever since the first bloom (when we bought it from Ikea), it not bloomed since. As such, I was very excited when I noticed recently that there seemed to be signs that the orchids would bloom again. Furthermore, it seemed that there would be three stalks of flowers!

True enough, after some patient waiting, the pot of orchids started to bloom recently. How beautiful it looks!

To add to the good news, the pot of plant that I "created" from stem cuttings seems to be blooming as well! I see signs of lovely rose-coloured flowers. How lovely!

Such are life's simple pleasures. Let us enjoy them.

Shaloam,

1 comment:

SooHui said...

yah me too!!! Even cactus can die in my house :'( I want to grow mimosa cos i love them!! They are so cute when they close once we touch them :) Heehee. Hope your flowers continue to bloom!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin