Thursday, April 9, 2009

simple food, good company

After Da and I met for lunch on 7 April 2009 (Tuesday), I went back to work. In the afternoon, I suddenly felt a tickling sensation at the back of my throat and I started coughing for the rest of the day. By the end of the day, I had almost lost my voice.

The next morning (8 April 2009), I went to see the company doctor. As I was not having any fever, the doctor did not want to prescribe any antibiotics for me, even though I requested for it. I was given a day of medical leave but I went to work anyway because it is a busy period for us at work.

Today, I have quite a sexy voice. It is a little hoarse, perfect for singing "rocker chick" type of songs! Speaking of this, when is our next karaoke session, gang?

This morning, Da and I went to the Marine Parade hawker centre for breakfast. We ordered a bowl of lontong and a plate of breakfast bee hoon (with some ingredients) to share. This breakfast beehoon stall is my favourite of all the breakfast beehoon stalls.

The work day passed quite quickly as I was occupied with several meetings the whole day. In anticipation that I may have to work through lunch, I bought two bread buns from the confectionery near the hawker centre and brought the bread buns to work. As it turned out, my 11 am meeting ended at 1.30 pm. With only half an hour left till the end of my lunch-time, I decided to eat the bread buns for lunch.

After work, Da contacted FIL and MIL to check whether they were available for dinner. I was thinking of buying some dinner from the Kallang Airport hawker centre and bringing it over to FIL's and MIL's home. Da suggested eating out and asked his parents whether it was convenient for MIL to eat out (given the fact that she currently has a bottle of antibiotics strapped to her waist and fed into her blood stream through a tube 24 hours a day). We were given the go ahead and we went to fetch them.

As it has been a hectic work day for Da and me and taking into consideration MIL's condition, we decided to have dinner at the Hong Kong Street Family Restaurant located at Eastwood Centre. As everyone was discussing what to order, we started to grin as we realised that we are not very adventurous people and the suggestions that were given were all dishes that we usually order. In the end, we ordered:-
(a) steamed fish (Teochew style)
(b) venison fried with ginger and spring onion
(c) stir-fried spinach
(d) stir-fried broccoli
(e) koo kee soup (without the meat)

The food was delicious, as always. As requested by FIL, I took a photograph of the empty plates (a testimony to how satisfied everyone was with the meal).

If you have not tried the Hong Kong Street Family Restaurant located at Eastwood Centre, I would recommend that you give it a try. They are open daily till 11 pm. The last order is at 10.30 pm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

morning foodie

are you feeling better?? drink lotsa h20 and take vitamin C

gp

Blog Widget by LinkWithin