Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday blessings

This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice in it! What a blessing to be alive and to be able to smell the roses!

I had earlier arranged with my brother-in-Christ, NN to meet for lunch at 12 pm today. As such, Da and I decided to have breakfast at home instead of eating out for breakfast. Fortunately, we happened to have available some home-made bread and muffins. We toasted the bread and added black pepper ham, cheese and lettuce - delicious!

Hi NN, my breadmaker was a wedding gift from my mother in 1998. At that time, it cost around S$300+. If you are interested to buy a breadmaker, I think you can buy the Bluesky breadmaker from Carrefour for about S$70+. Do check it out.

Last week was Secretaries' Week. However, due to a mix-up by me, I had arranged for the Secretaries' Week lunch with my colleagues for tomorrow, 28 April 2009. Each year, I would also arrange for a floral arrangement (with a box of goodies, eg. cookies) to be delivered to each of the staff who are on the invite list for the lunch. When I went to the florist on friday, 24 April 2009, he asked me why I was arranging for Secretaries' Week flowers to be delivered today instead of last week. I had to explain the mix-up by me.

The flowers were delivered to the office this morning. There was a sudden buzz of activity as the staff gathered at each other's tables to admire each other's floral arrangement. This is the first time that I have arranged for a floral delivery by this florist for Secretaries' Week. I have used their services before for Mothers' Day floral delivery and I know that they have beautiful floral arrangements. I was not disappointed today as well.

At about 11.50 am, I "sneaked out of the office" to meet NN for lunch. Our official lunch hour is from 1 pm to 2 pm. I am very blessed because my management is quite flexible with us and it is okay with them if I were to go for an early lunch or a late lunch. However, I am not used to going out so early for lunch and I told NN (when we met up) that I felt like I was "eating snake" (that is, playing truant). We had a good laugh about it.

NN asked whether I had any preference for lunch venue. I was flexible but requested if we could go to a place that was not so warm. Yes, the weather was hot and humid again today (despite the heavy downpour yesterday). He suggested an Indian Muslim cafe near Amoy Street that he patronises. We both ordered the same thing - fried chicken with biryani rice, papadum and lemon juice. The portion was large and I am thankful that NN did not order a side dish of vegetables.

It was a very enjoyable lunch that we had. We have known each other since 1988 when we were in junior college (that is, Grades 11 and 12).

All too soon, it was back to the grinding stone. I got back to the office at 1.30 pm and decided not to wait till the end of the day to blog. I am feeling on top of the world at the moment!

We are indeed blessed to have family and friends whom we are close to. I thank the Lord that NN's and my friendship has endured all these years and I look forward to more good years.

Have a blessed week ahead!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin