Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My marathon friend

I had lunch with my friend, Tian Bao (天宝) today. Although he works in Raffles Place area while I work in Shenton Way area, the dear boy thoughtfully agreed to have lunch nearer my office.

We arranged to meet at 12.30 pm at the lobby of my office building today. When I met up with him, I noticed that he had lost some weight. He has recently been hooked on marathons and his facebook profiles are full of updates of marathons that he had participated in. Gosh, my lifestyle is so sedentary as compared to his.

I suggested that we eat at Cafe Denis. It is a cozy cafe located near my office. Next to the cafe is a karaoke. I have been to the karaoke several times with my karaoke gang and it was only last year that I started patronising the cafe. The food sold is reasonably priced and each order of main course entitles you to free flow of soup and dessert. Each day, there are four types of soup and one type of dessert available.

When Tian Bao and I were perusing the menu and deciding what to order, I recommended the fried rice. It comes with a large piece of fried chicken cutlet, 4 prawns and a bulls-eye egg and it costs about S$7-80. Just as I was telling him that "the fried rice is not bad", a female customer seated at the next table happened to tell the people that she was dining with that "the fried rice is not bad". Tian Bao and I looked at each other and grinned. No prizes as to what we both ordered for lunch... fried rice!

It was a very enjoyable lunch. Tian Bao and I have not seen each other face-to-face for some time. We have, however, been communicating via facebook (ah... the wonders of modern technology) and electronic mail. It was only today that I learned that his girl-girl (that is, his wife) is a colleague of his. Tsk, tsk... talk about office romance! *grin*

At the end of a pleasant meal, I passed my Cafe Denis discount card to Tian Bao (who paid for the lunch).

Thank you for the lunch treat, my friend. Let's do this again. The next meal is on me! Do send my regards to your mummy and your girl-girl.

post-script

I am chatting online (via msn) with Eddy at the moment. He has just informed me that his right leg which was dislocated recently has now fully recovered. His last review was on 24 April 2009. Praise the Lord! I am so happy for you, Eddy! This is what he said about how the injury happened - "I jumped high enough to do a slam dunk and I lost my balance and fell on the floor. My right ankle was in 90 degrees." Ouch! I am so thankful that he has recovered.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin