Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy baking!

Every now and then, I will share with my colleagues the cakes, muffins or cookies that I have baked. This practice started from the days when I was a trainee in the company. I used to spend my weekends baking and each monday, a box of baked goodies would appear in the pantry for my colleagues to enjoy.

As the years went by and my workload increased, I did not always have the time to do baking during the weekends. A few years ago, it reached the point where I hardly baked and our breadmaker went into early retirement.

In the past, Da and I would go out during weekends, either to watch a movie at the cinema or to do some window shopping. Nowadays, Da and I prefer to spend our free time relaxing at home or visiting relatives or friends. It is probably due to the fact that as our workload increases with our seniority in the workforce, we treasure our free time and we prefer to relax at home or in the home of a relative or friend.

As a result, I have managed to resume my hobby of baking. My breadmaker (a wedding gift from my mother in 1998) is no longer kept in the cabinet and is now always placed on the tabletop, ready to be called into action. In fact, the more often I use the breadmaker (which is still in good working order after all these years), the better the bread turns out.

Last night, I was reading the blogs of relatives and friends at home when I suddenly felt like doing some baking. It was 10.30 pm at that time but deciding to give in to the whim, I proceeded to the kitchen and started preparing the batter for mini yoghurt doughnuts. The preparation time was only about 5 minutes and the baking time per tray of doughnuts was only 7 minutes. As such, in less than half an hour, Da and I had piping hot trays of doughnuts on our dinner table. Unable to resist the temptation, we ate a few of the doughnuts. Yummy!

When the doughnuts had cooled down, I packed some of the doughnuts into a container for Da to bring to work today. I also packed a container to bring to work, which container I handed to my secretary this morning for her to distribute the doughnuts.

The next time that you suddenly feel like doing some baking at night, why not considering baking mini yoghurt doughnuts? They are easy to make and very delicious.

Happy baking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your yoghurt donuts very delicious! your colleagues must have enjoyed it! :P do u need a new colleague? ;)

Tian Bao

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your baking time with me. Am glad that you are spending quality time with family, relatives and friends.

BLing

Blog Widget by LinkWithin