Friday, April 10, 2009

Our Saviour reigns

Today is Good Friday, the day that Jesus was crucified at the Cross. It is a day of special significance because on this day, 2000 years ago, God took all our sins and diseases and placed them on Jesus. God punished Jesus for our sins so that we are now the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ. The death of Jesus has brought us salvation, which is why today is called "Good".

Not every church has a church service / mass on Good Friday. The Bible does not instruct Christians to remember Jesus' death by honouring a certain day. However, rather than remembering Jesus' death on a certain day, once a year, the Bible instructs us to remember Jesus' death by observing the Lord's Supper. 1 Corinthians 11:24-26 says “...do this in remembrance of Me... for whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until He comes.” Each time we partake of the Lord's Supper, we remember the precious sacrifice of Jesus at the Cross. His work is finished and there is therefore no reason why we cannot receive our victory, health, blessings, fertility and miracles now.

Jesus came to be our Saviour. His arms are open wide and He is ever ready to jump into the waters to save us. All we need to do is to cry out to Him and to believe in Him.

Da and I woke up early this morning. As Da was using the computer to surf the internet, I decided to do some baking.

I baked some peanut butter fingers. I would recommend that you use chunky peanut butter instead of creamy peanut butter as it gives the fingers more "oomph".

Instead of baking a chocolate cake, I steamed a chocolate cake and glazed the cake with chocolate glazing, all made from scratch.

As we had some homemade blueberry and banana jam left in the refrigerator, I used the jam to bake a loaf of jam bread.

Lunch with my family was at our usual coffee shop at Jalan Tua Kong. This time, FIL and MIL joined us for lunch as well. The chef is very versatile and his food is very tasty.

After lunch, Da and I decided to go home to rest. I had taken my medication (for my throat infection) and the medication was making me drowsy.

When I woke up, it was past 6 pm. My mother called and asked whether we wanted to join the family for a barbeque dinner at my mother's home. As Da and I had already planned to attend a miracle service called "Good News Singapore" at the Singapore Indoor Stadium tonight, I asked my mother to go ahead without us.

The car park at the Singapore Indoor Stadium was full. Just as we almost reached the end of the car park, a driver happened to approach her car and drove off. We parked our car and made our way to the Singapore Indoor Stadium. The miracle service was scheduled to start at 7.30 pm. At 7.20 pm, the Singapore Indoor Stadium was already full. The ushers kept directing us farther and farther away from the stage. Finally, an usher informed us that we had to climb a flight of stairs and sit at the balcony instead (which would have meant that we could barely see the stage at such a height). Just as we were about to turn and make our way up the flight of stairs, another usher tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to follow her instead. She had two available seats nearer the stage. Hallelujah! I said a quick prayer of thanks to the Lord and I turned to grin at Da.

It was an amazing service. The speaker was Reverend Reinhard Bonnke, who has been in the ministry for more than 50 years. He is an evangelist. At the end of the service, he prayed for the sick and many people came forward to give their testimonies of instantaneous healing. There was a man who was involved in an accident and had scars on both arms. Prior to the service, he could not move his arms freely. At the service, he found that he could move his arms easily and he demonstrated this by swinging his arms several times on stage. Many a time, we want instant healing. Sometimes, the healing is progressive but just because we do not see the immediate results does not mean that we are not getting better and better with each passing day. The healing power of God is working in me right now! Praise the blessed name of Jesus!

What do we do when we do not see immediate manifestation of our healing? We should continue to pray and to give thanks to the Lord. As we turn our focus on the Lord, the fixation with the manifestation of the healing will lessen and one day, we will suddenly realise that we have been healed but we do not know when it took place. At the Cross, Jesus took all our sicknesses and diseases upon Him. By His stripes, we are healed.

When we left the service and walked towards our car, it was just past 10 pm. I called my mother to enquire whether they had finished their barbeque. Unfortunately (for Da and me, that is), they had already finished their dinner and there were no leftovers. As such, Da and I proceeded to the Kallang Airport hawker centre. Da ordered a plate of satay bee hoon while I ordered a bowl of sliced fish soup with emperor noodles.

Abba Father, I pray for Your continued blessings and favour upon my family and me. Your precious Son, Jesus was willing to be betrayed for us. He suffered death on the Cross for the healing of our bodies and the remission of our sins. He now lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Thank You, Lord for Your love. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I lurve your peanut butter fingers........ HINT HINT

gp

Blog Widget by LinkWithin