Sunday, January 4, 2009

Makan escapade - Day 5 (4 January 2009)

Sigh... the last day of our gastronomical escapade has come! My mother, my Aunt N and I will be going home on 4 January 2009.

For a different experience, Aunt H brought Aunt J, Aunt N and I to a flea market near Aunt H's home. The stalls at the flea market sell anything from cooked food to clothes. Aunt J bought a lovely necklace (for less than RM10, if I recall correctly).

For lunch, Uncle T brought everyone to Yu Ai Restaurant.

This restaurant is renowned for their seafood noodles. You have a choice of plain soup, curry gravy or tom yum gravy. When my maternal grandmother was alive, she could single-handedly finish an entire bowl of curry seafood noodles, which was quite a feat considering that the bowl is very large. For non-chilli eaters like myself, the curry is not overly spicy.

After lunch, my cousins HL, PY and PW brought me to Bangsar Village where I had my hair cut at a price of RM15. I wanted the hairstylist to layer my hair with the same design as that of my cousin PY. As such, it was imperative that my model PY had to accompany me to the hair salon.

As we were on our way back to Uncle J's and Aunt J's home, we came across a monkey climbing the roof of one of the houses. It seems that monkeys are aplenty in the Bangsar area.

It was with great reluctance that my mother, Aunt N and I made our way back to Taman Perling (where Aunt N lives) from Kuala Lumpur.

When we arrived at Taman Perling, we decided to make a stop at Queen Park coffee shop.

The drink of the day? Coffee again....

The drink was accompanied by some food as well.

There is a stall at the coffee shop that sells aromatic peanut pancake. The stallholder sells the crispy pancake as well as thick pancake, both of which are very delicious.

It has been a wonderful trip. We enjoyed ourselves tremendously. I look forward to the next visit to Kuala Lumpur!



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin