Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy belated birthday, brother!

The birthday of my brother, LB fell on 3 January 2009. However, as my mother and I were in Malaysia during that weekend, my family celebrated my brother's birthday on 11 January 2009 (Sunday) instead.

On 9 January 2009 (Friday), I called Hotel Miramar and requested that my call be transferred to their Fern Tree Cafe.

The Fern Tree Cafe has an international buffet spread, which is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner, on a daily basis. I made a reservation for 7 persons at 7.30 pm on 11 January 2009 (Sunday).

When we arrived at the cafe and were shown to our table, we realised that we sat at the same table the last time that we had eaten at this cafe. We were allocated a round table, which I prefer because it is easier to make conversation (as compared to being seated at a long rectangular table - we practically have to shout across the table to be heard).

The buffet spread for our dinner did not disappoint, as always. Although this is not a very high-end buffet (it costs S$28.80++ per person and there is a 10% discount if you pay for the meal using your United Overseas Bank Limited credit card), the buffet spread is varied and we often are not able to sample everything in the buffet.

Due to the wide variety of food in the buffet spread, some of us shared certain food such as the soup. That way, we were able to sample as much of the buffet spread as possible!

Dinner was a wonderful time of bonding with my family. I thank the Lord for blessing my family and keeping us close-knit. I believe that this year 2009 will bring forth even more blessings for my family. Thank you, Abba Father!

Part of the dinner centred around discussions about a local television serial named "The Little Nonya" that just ended its run. Whilst I appreciate that the script-writer wanted to be realistic in the script, I would personally prefer happy endings (that is, the hero marries the heroine and they live happily ever after). This is why whenever I browse a novel, I would first take a quick read of the ending to see whether I like it, before I decide whether to borrow or buy the novel. Incidentally, following the public outcry over the ending of "The Little Nonya", the production crew filed a short 3-minute capsule entitled "The Little Nonya: The Final Chapter" which was aired at 9.55 pm on 11 January 2009. The special featured only the 2 main stars (that is, the hero and the heroine) and was not an alternative ending to the drama. We missed the special because we left the hotel shortly before 10 pm.

My brother (LG) suggested to my mother to add ice cream to her black coffee. For visual effect (for my camera, of course), I added two cookies and one pineapple tart to the saucer. Picture-perfect!

If you have never tried the buffet at Hotel Miramar's Fern Tree cafe, I would recommend that you give it a try. Da and I have brought Da's parents to eat the buffet at this cafe and they enjoyed the spread.

On the occasion of your birthday, LB, I wish you many happy returns of the day. May your life continue to be filled with the blessings and grace of the Lord. May you remain forever young. We love you very much. Mwah! Mwah!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello...We can still catch the "The Little Nonya: The Final Chapter" on youtube =). However there are still no subtitles version. Basically, Nothing much was shown.. Just saying although Yueniang and Chen Xi did not end up together, they will forever have each other in their heart.

link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJz5845BPVE

Blog Widget by LinkWithin