Friday, June 27, 2008

TGIF

Thank God it's Friday!

Phew! I made it through a work week. I am so thankful that the weekend is drawing near.

It is now 6.15 pm and I am looking forward to meeting 2 of my long-time pals for dinner. I have not seen them for some time. We have arranged to meet outside the Body Shop at Raffles City. As I did not drive to work today, I had suggested meeting up at Marina Square, Suntec City, Raffles City or Bugis Junction, all of which are accessible by MRT for me. My pals chose Raffles City.

This afternoon, I asked LSD for some recommendation of nice eating places at Raffles City. The dear girl gave me some suggestions before (sigh... typical of youngsters), she sent me a http link instead. My girl, you have to realise that I am lazy to read operation manuals, do research via internet, etc.

I did not have time to read LSD's post in her blog yesterday but she has forewarned me that she has managed to write a post that is far longer than my post of yesterday. Okay, my dear girl, you win this time "hands and feet down". There is no necessity to gloat. Sooner than later, I will overtake you again. Isn't this friendly competition exciting?

I have been meaning to ask AC whether her 2 boys read my blog. I have taken pains to show off my command of the English language by inserting some "bombastic language" every now and then in the hope that YX and ZX will pick up a tip or two from my posts. Hey guys - I know that you are loathe to read storybooks to improve your command of the English language and I feel like a naggy old lady each time I encourage you to read. I am a voracious reader. Actually, I have to retract that remark. I am a voracious reader of romance novels, Archie comics and Reader's Digest. Beyond that, I simply do not have any more energy left to read anything else.

Hi AC, if you read my post of today, do encourage YX and ZX to read my posts. I would love to send little messages to them from time to time in my posts. It will be fun, trust me!

1 comment:

wesirelander said...

Is not a "http link", technically speaking, its called a "url". And, How I know you don't like to surf shopping centres' websites? Sometimes can find where are the cheap deals, u noe?

Congrats! For the post today, you beat me "hands and feet down".

"Trust you"? hmm...I wonder if the 2 kids know what they are getting themselves into.... *Evil grin* You better keep ur blog PG-rated...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin