Sunday, June 22, 2008

Jesus is all you need

It's the Sabbath again!

I woke up with a feeling of anticipation. Today, the Pastor is going to anoint the oil that we bring to church. Prior to this, we were wondering what type of oil to buy. We were only told to buy olive oil. My thinking was that as such oil was used to anoint priests, etc, it would have to be something that can be used on the face as well. In the end, Da bought Ginvera olive oil for face & hair. Ta-da! He was spot-on because Ginvera brand was specifically mentioned in church today.


San called me yesterday, asking what type of olive oil to buy. I recommended Ginvera. Later, I sms-ed her to ask whether she had bought the oil. She said yes. I asked her whether she bought 1 gallon of oil (a running joke in church because we were asked not to over-do it and bring 1 gallon of oil!). The dear girl replied that she only bought the normal size bottle because the 1 gallon version is too heavy for her to carry! haha!

After praise and worship in church, there was communion. It was amazing because the Pastor who was on stage told us not to care about whatever pressures that are thrown at us because Jesus is all you need. I felt the Lord speak to me again. I have been facing a lot of pressure lately and many have been placed upon myself because I care too much or I worry too much.

You will never know that Jesus is all you need until you know that Jesus is all you have.

It was an amazing revelation to learn in church last week how the Bible always mentions bread/grain, wine and oil in the same context. Bread and wine, as you know, represents Communion - in remembrance of our Lord Jesus Christ. Oil is used for anointing and I have learned that it can be used for just about any area of one's life. It takes faith to believe that by an act of anointing, there is protection.

Come Holy Spirit! Come pour out Your anointing oil on my family and loved ones!

I pray for the blessing of Abraham upon my family and loved ones.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin