Saturday, June 21, 2008

A lazy saturday

I am so thankful that the weekend has come!

I woke up this morning with a swollen and painful left eye. My left eye is very red right now and I am probably seeing more out of my right eye as I type this post. The swelling and pain will likely go away as the day progresses (otherwise, my dear eye doc will be earning consultation fees from me this coming Monday). It is probably due to the fact that I was up till way past midnight yesterday working on a document for her matter that I am covering. Guess what? Late last night, she sent him an sms to the effect that she will not be able to handle the file anymore. Since when did "cover her" become "take over her baby"? I certainly would not mind taking over her baby if it is a real life baby (another bundle of joy to add to my blessed life!), but insofar as work is concerned, this is unfair. To make things worse, he is letting her get away with this. He also came to my room several times last night (while I was struggling with a document that I am not familiar with and with a client whose commercial needs I am not aware), to shout at me and to chase me. I ended up crying for the 3rd time yesterday (once during office hours, once in the evening and once last night). It was bad enough that my eyes were already in pain from the strain of the small print of the document (Ah Boy, please help me! Please adjust my computer screen such that the document is bigger in size. I don't mean the font (which is currently Arial 11). I think it is possible to adjust the percentage?). In the end, I managed to work on the document but by the time I finished, it was way past orh-orh time. Da came to fetch me and I crawled into bed when I got home.

Enough of that.... today is another day and it is a great day! The sun is shining and I am happy to be alive and well. We have much to be thankful for in our lives. We are children of the Most High and He loves us so much.

The next part is probably 2 days overdue, but hey! Better late than never..... Ah Girl (aka L'il Sister Devil or "LSD" (?) for short) and I went for retail therapy on Thursday, 19 June 2008. It was supposed to be a night out with her and retail therapy for her (for her to drown her sorrows in the ringing of the cash register) but who says we cannot kill 2 birds with 1 stone? I was the one who ended up being the shopper. I was already looking for 2 pairs of shoes - 1 black pair and a brown pair. For me, insofar as court shoes are concerned, I can only wear leather shoes (ahem! I cannot help it if I have expensive feet) as non-leather shoes somehow cause my feet to end up crampy and in pain (once my feet are cramped, I have difficulty walking). I didn't see any shoes that I liked in the 1st shop that we patronised. When we went to the 2nd shop, goodness me! Shoes galore! I have never shopped there before, so I was pleasantly surprised that they sell nice leather shoes. I could not find any nice brown shoes, then we chanced upon some nice black leather shoes. Mind you, I had every intention to buy one pair of black leather court shoes.... I have no idea how I ended up with 2 pairs of black leather shoes... 1 pair of court shoes and 1 pair of slingback shoes. So, for you curious friends out there, ta-da! May I present.... THE SHOES:-


As you can probably tell, I am new to adding images to my post. The picture of the shoes would look nicer in the centre of the post but try as I might, I could not move the image.



I just had a nice short chat with Ah Boy over msn. Okay, I admit that I was consulting 1 of my 3 technical consultants over technical issues (what else?). You 3 kids know who you are!

Ah Boy and Ah Wen, enjoy your outing! And remember your Ah Jie and me while you are busy singing at your KTV or wherever you are going! Is our Bangkok trip still on? Your Ah Jie is asking.....

YX, ZX and JX came over with the gang for tom-yum steamboat dinner. We had a lot of fun. After dinner, I was happily serving them fruits, coffee, cheesecake, chocolates, cookies and home-made lime tea (anyone wants the recipe for the lime tea? It is very good for digestion. Who knows? Maybe it can help with weight loss also.). I was about to serve them warm muffins when they decided to call it a night. Hey, gang, too much to makan, ah? Variety is the spice of life. I count my blessings that I am still able to eat (unlike some people who have to be fed through a tube, etc).

Goodness me! I heard that YX and ZX had a fun time chatting on msn with Ah Girl, to the extent of sending her numerous nudges via msn and chatting her up (eg. telling her that she is pretty, then asking her for lunch treat, etc). These boys are learning young! Way to go, boys!

Oh.. on a sober note, Da and I drove past an old man with no legs below the knee on our way back from the supermarket. He was being pushed in a wheelchair. I was very sad when I saw that. I told Da that I do not wish to live a life with only 1 leg or no legs. What kind of quality of life is that? However, on reflection, at least the Ah Pek is alive to smell the roses and to enjoy the beauty of creation. The Lord will take care of us in His way. Have faith.

2 comments:

wesirelander said...

You can increase the percentage of the page layout. Maybe get your Ah Boy to help you with it?

Drown my sorrows? Next time just bring me to a ktv session, it'll be cheaper for u. (Definitely below the amt you spent that day) heeeeee

As for why you ended up with 2 pairs of shoes? Let's just say your LSD (i.e. me) is persuasive. Unfortunately, doesnt work in sweet talking guys though.

Ah Girl

Verytiki said...

Hi Sh......oopss...i'm not suppose to mention yr name am I right ?

Nice Blog. Nice food. Nice coffee. Nice Tea. Nice cake. Nice chocolate.....Everything you serve....yum yum. Too bad I was having headache else i'll stay till the next day :P

More more next week ? More more more the week after next ? More more more more more more to come ?hehehe....

Dont bother abt all the weirdo around you. They are simply sick. They dont know what they are doing and saying :)

Take care + enjoy blogging.

(Verytiki)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin