Tuesday, April 6, 2010

MIL's fried rice vermicelli

I had to work late today. As such, I asked Da to go home first after work.

When I came home, FIL and MIL were at our home. They had come to visit.

MIL is on several days' leave and as such, she had fried rice vermicelli for dinner today. She also brought along some sambal chilli, which I believe would complement the noodles save that I gave it a miss as I do not eat chilli.

The noodles fried by MIL were full of vegetables. It was certainly a delicious home-cooked meal. More, please?

MIL was intrigued when my mother told her about Tuayi's famous fried tom yam rice vermicelli. Tuayi is my mother's eldest sister. Tuayi is a vegetarian and as such, the noodles that she fries are full of assorted vegetables, thereby making the dish very appetising. This reminds me... I have run out of vegetarian tom yam paste which was bought from the vegetarian shop in Muar, Malaysia!

Shaloam,

Share

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin