Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A little bit of this and that

This was one of those "snack days" when I ate a bit of this and a bit of that for breakfast and dinner.

Breakfast comprised a chicken pie from Hans Cafe & Cake House and a floss puff also from Hans Cafe & Cake House.

I had to work through lunch and by the time I went to the food outlets near my office around 1.30 pm, most of them were already running out of food. I approached the stall selling steamed white rice with your choice of ingredients and I managed to have a good lunch with stir-fried cabbage, braised fish fillet and toufu.

As the economy is picking up again, I had to work late for the third night in a row. By the time I got home, Da had already returned home. MIL was at our place, chatting with my mother.

As MIL did not have a proper dinner, I heated up some snacks for her to eat.

As for myself, I heated up a triangle curry puff that Da had bought last night.

MIL had bought ang ku kueh from the famous stall located at the Bedok Interchange hawker centre. I only eat the ang ku kueh with peanut filling as I do not like the one with tau sar filling.

MIL also bought a small bowl of yam paste from a dessert stall at the Bedok Interchange hawker centre. I found the yam paste a little bland and I told MIL that the one made by LSD's father is absolutely divine. This reminds me... I have not eaten his delicious fried spring roll for some time... hint! hint!

My mother is feeling a little under the weather today. Get well soon, Ma!

Shaloam,

Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

me too... i only like peanut ang ku kueh...

GP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin