Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hanging out with parents-in-law

When I woke up this morning, I decided to try the brownie recipe that I had obtained from Da's niece, MAT last night. MAT had in turn obtained the recipe from her sister, SCT. I made some modifications to the recipe by reducing the quantity of sugar and by adding pistachio meat and chopped almonds. May I present... pistachio brownies:-

I gave several slices of the brownies (together with some caramel tim tams) to the three handsome boys who live opposite Da and I in our apartment block.

As it is Easter tomorrow, I baked hot cross buns for the first time in my life. The buns turned out fine - phew!

In the early afternoon, Da's parents came to our home to spend the day with Princess. On his way home, Da bought lunch from our favourite coffee shop at Jalan Tua Kong.

Da ordered a big packet of fried beehoon for FIL and MIL. This packet of beehoon cost S$3 but the quantity was enough for two persons.

Da ate chicken fried rice.

I ate mee sua soup.

Princess was very excited to have company today.

For teatime, we could not resist eating freshly baked hot cross buns.

A hot mug of coffee complemented the pistachio brownies.

Love, love....!

By the time I put Princess to bed, FIL, MIL and Da had already eaten their dinner. I sat down to my all-time favourite food for dinner - fried beehoon.

Shaloam,

Share

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin