Thursday, August 26, 2010

Trying day

It is almost midnight and I am wondering what I am doing at the computer at home.

Considering that I only managed to eat my dinner at 11.30 pm today, I guess my excuse would be that one needs at least 4 hours to digest a meal and hence, one should not go to bed immediately after eating.

I ate a slice of Don's chicken pie for my dinner.

I also drank half a mug of hot coffee.

Feeling a little greedy, I ate one of the tokiwado that PIL had brought to our home earlier this evening when I was still at work. Hmm.... despite the fact that the filling was red bean instead of my favourite peanut, I have to say that the tokiwado was delicious.

It was a long day for me at work today. My colleagues and I are in the midst of a project and hence, we are so swamped that our faces are turning green (in Hokkien, that would be "bin chair chair").

I pray for the Lord's strength to see me through this project and every project that I work on. I also pray for His victory and thank Him that He carries me on His shoulder and He walks through fire for me. All I have to do is to receive, receive and receive... and so I shall, in His name.

On a brighter note, we are planning a short trip to Perth, Australia in September 2010. It has been four years (if I recall correctly) since we last visited Perth. We have not been able to go on a holiday in recent years due to heavy work schedule. I am looking forward to the break although I do wish that it could be longer. No worries - I thank the Lord for little mercies and favours and I trust in Him to make this vacation (albeit short) a fantastic, blessed and restful one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

I upheld you in my prayers this morning. "Those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength. they shall mount up with wings like eagles. They shall run and not be weary walk and not faint"

"The Lord gives power to the faint and to him who has no might He increases strength"

p.s. i lurve the cheese filling :)

GP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin