Monday, August 2, 2010

"D" is for "durian"

Did I leave the office early or late today? Well, it depends on how you look at it. Would you consider 7.30 pm early or late?

When Da and I reached home, PIL were already there. They had very thoughtfully bought dinner for Da and me.

Da ate steamed rice with char siew and roast pork.

I ate wan ton mee.

We shared shui gao soup.

*drum roll* please! The King of Fruits had arrived! FIL had bought some durians today.

Everyone had a good laugh at the type of durians that FIL bought. He had bought two types - D24 and Mountain Cat. We jokingly asked whether there was Mountain Tortoise as well.

I gave the durians a miss. After having not eaten durians for a long time, I no longer crave them. In fact, when I see durians, I think of making durian ice cream!

After dinner, I could not resist eating a slice of ban cheng kueh that ZT brought to our home today when she visited my mother and Princess in the afternoon. Thanks, girl, for the ban cheng kueh!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin