Friday, August 20, 2010

Carbohydrate dinner

Our dinner today had the word "unhealthy" written all over it.

I left the office late as I was clearing work to avoid it being piled up over the weekend. When I arrived home, my mother informed me that Da had not yet returned home. Sigh... so Da had to work late as well.

When Da returned home, I rummaged through our refrigerator and managed to rustle up two plates of food for Da's and my dinner.

This was Da's dinner - nonya dumpling, char siew pau and tau sar pau.

My dinner? Hmm... the exact same food!

Whenever you eat dumplings, it is good to drink Chinese tea. The Chinese believe that drinking Chinese tea helps to "wash away the oil" from an oily meal. Does drinking Chinese tea really help? I do not know as I have not done research on this but what I do know is that I like to drink hot Japanese green tea and hot Chinese tea.

My favourite blend of Chinese tea is the Iron Buddha. Unfortunately, whenever I have lunch with colleagues and business associates, they tend to order Jasmine tea in deference to me being a female. Many a time have I told them that I have no objections to their ordering Iron Buddha but they will invariably order Jasmine tea. Frankly speaking, I find Jasmine tea too weak for my liking. I prefer stronger Chinese tea.

We ended the meal on a sweet note with banana cake from Hans. I commented to Da that the cake had some sort of aftertaste. I cannot quite place my finger on what it is and I would venture a guess to say that it may be due to the flavouring that has been added to the cake batter.

I am so happy that the weekend is just around the corner. Family time!

Have a restful and blessed weekend!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin