Monday, August 23, 2010

Carbohydrates all round

Recently, I have been asked why the write-ups in my posts are so short nowadays.

Well, I have been trying to springclean our home lately and as such, I end up with less time for blogging than what I would have liked.

Have you often wondered how you managed to accumulate so many things at home? Well, I am now facing this dilemma. I go through the wardrobes and I take out items that I have not seen in a long time. I stare at them and wonder what to do with them.

Someone once told me that when it comes to clothes, if you have not worn them in the last one year, chances are that you will never wear them again, so there is no point keeping them unless you have a specific reason to (eg. it was your wedding dress).

It helps that recycling bins are readily available everywhere nowadays as people become more conscious of the benefits of recycling. Also, there are people who would be happy to receive hand-me-downs because they accumulate these in order to bring them abroad to be donated to orphanages / the poor, etc. It's all for a good cause.

I have to admit, though, that I have not been very successful in my latest foray into springcleaning. After rummaging through our wardrobes/storeroom, I end up moving the items from this location to that location. Not much of a springcleaning, huh? I have to buckle up my efforts otherwise at the rate I am going, I will be going round in circles.

Enough of this talk about springcleaning.

Let's move onto a more interesting topic - food!

Our dinner was laden with carbohydrates today.

My mother ate steamed white rice with ingredients.

Da ate nonya dumplings.

I ate fried rice vermicelli with ingredients.

Burp! I am feeling extremely full right now... and getting a little sleepy. Oh no! Stay awake! Time for more springcleaning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jia you jia you

GP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin