Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dinper? Suppner?

When you eat breakfast cum lunch, it is called "brunch".

When you eat lunch cum teatime, it is called "tunch".

What do you call dinner cum supper? "Dinper"? "Suppner"?

This was my mother's breakfast this morning:-

And my breakfast:-

Not to mention the hot mug of coffee.

I had to work late today.

By the time I came home and sat down to dinner, it was past 11 pm. Da had bought for me fried rice vermicelli from the hawker centre at Albert Complex today.

Da waited for me to have dinner. His dinner was bought by his mother. She had bought a toufu dish.

And some barbequed pork ribs.

Da ate his ingredients with steamed white rice.

And now... back to my original question. Did we eat "dinper" or "suppner"?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin